The Gateway to Knowledge, Part 2: The Path and the Result
This course will investigate in depth the traditional Five Paths, the stages of liberation along these Paths, and the realizations of the final Results of the paths, and will explore the distinctions between the Hinayana and Mahayana presentations of these paths. This material forms the essential basis for a correct understanding of the ultimate view of the inseparability of emptiness and luminosity of the Vajrayana.
This course continues our study of the famous The Gateway to Knowledge by Mipham the Great, which is a summary of Vasubandhu’s classic The Treasury of Abhidharma.
- Factors Eliminated on the Paths
- Key Qualities for Enlightenment
- Obscurations to Enlightenment
- Five Paths and Thirty-Seven Wings
- Mahayana Path in Prasangika Madhyamaka
- Obstacles, Travelers, Bhumis, and Results
- Sixteen Moments of the Path of Seeing
- Stages on the Path of Two-Fold Selflessness
- Summary of the Path of Meditation
- Two or Three Truths
- Dharma Exchange Questions